Maintenance Items: Regardless of Pool Surface
Weekly Tasks for All Pools
• TEST PH
• TEST SANITIZER
• EMPTY SKIMMER BASKET
• EMPTY PUMP BASKET
• VACUUM ALL LEAVES
• CONSIDER BACKWASH if pressure has risen on filter. Clean the cartridge.
Annual Maintenance Items: Tests
• TEST PHOSPHATES AND REMOVE w/CHEMICAL.
• TEST CALCIUM HARDNESS AND ADJUST
• TEST CYANURIC ACID ON CHLORINE POOL
Annual Maintenance Items: Filter
• REPLACE CARTRIDGE (12 TO 24 months life)
• SOAK DE GRIDS IN ACID/WATER (5 parts water, 1 part acid)
• CHECK BED DEPTH ON SAND FILTER ANNUALLY (2-3 in Southern markets, 1-2 times in Northern markets):
(Filter bed depth should be six to eight inches from the top of the filter and, if short, will result in murky water and/or increased chemical use.)
In southern pools these items will result in extra charges from the service. With northern pools they can be ordered with an opening or closing and also involve charges.